As a cutting machine operator, you manufacture mechanical precision components made of metal and monitor the manufacturing process on the machine tool. You also turn, mill, bore and cut workpieces. Programming and operating the CNC-controlled machine tools are also within your area of responsibility. For this reason you should possess the qualities of manual dexterity and technical understanding.
Training period: 3.5 years
- Can be shortened in the case of good school performance and examination results
- The theory component of the training is carried out by BANG e.V.
- Good junior high school or intermediate high school qualification (“Hauptschulabschluss” or “Mittlere Reife”)
- Readiness to work in shifts
- Manual dexterity
- Technical understanding
- Good visual thinking skills